Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blessing in Disguise!

On Nov 20, 2008 my husband and I had our 4th child. I had a normal pregnancy and delivery. Our baby girl Ella, was having breathing difficulties soon after birth, so they took her out of the room to have a doctor check her. Several minutes later the doctor returned with the news, that our precious baby girl shows signs of Down Syndrome. A few days later it was confirmed with a blood test.At that moment our lives were turned "upside down". Everything we thought we knew about raising our 4th child was gone. I went through the grieving process like so many other parents do when they find out. Questioning God, "Why us Lord?" Little did I know about all the blessings, love, and life lessons that this beautiful baby girl was gonna teach me.Yes, God did turn my life "upside down" that November day. My faith is stronger, my compassion greater, and my life happier. My little Ella truly is "fearfully and wonderfully made".

Before having Ella, I never would have picked a having a child with special needs and the ironic thing is that hear we are choosing to add another little girl with Down Syndrome to our family. God works in mysterious ways! We have connected with a family in Ohio that found out their Daughter has DS and they are wanting to find a loving family to adopt her. They Chose us! We are so excited and blessed but yet so scared of the whole process. We need to raise around $9,000 before June to bring her home. $9,000 is a lot of money and it scares me but I have a big God. He would not allow this to happen, open many doors so easily if He wasn't gonna provide the money. This is where my faith and trust in him is going to be tested.

We will raise the money and bring her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment